Why should we have a funeral?
We have served our community for over 70 years, and we continue to care for the members of our community with grace and compassion.
Should we even have a funeral?
- funerals offer an opportunity for friends and family to gather together to demonstrate their connection to the individual who died and to offer condolences to those who are bereft.
- funerals offer a unique environment of caring, with rituals and space for expressions of grief, in the presence of others for support
- funerals often remind us that we have a spiritual connection to universal truths that are bigger and more mysterious than we can comprehend
- it is possible to attend a visitation and funeral service while keeping your distance from others if you are concerned about infection
- the primary purpose of embalming is to disinfect human remains, and that process would neutralize viruses, including COVID-19. In the case of a full-service funeral, a risk of infection does not come from the dead.
- we encourage any individual who is experiencing symtoms of a respiratory illness to stay home and take care of themselves.
- although there is never true 'closure', a funeral may help to focus strong feelings in ways that make it a bit easier to see that a future exists for the living and that there is hope for better times ahead
At Bednarsky Funeral Home, Inc., we strive to fulfill the funeral needs of every person that we work with. We are prepared to use technology to livestream these private gatherings at the funeral home via Facebook Live or other platforms so that those outside of the immediate family may participate as well.
Let's remember to treat one another with kindness and compassion. Death from a virus may strike anyone, vaccinated or unvaccinated, just as lung cancer may strike a smoker or a non-smoker. Offer your sympathy for the loss; circumstances become almost irrelevant to the pain of losing someone you love. Share the pain, lighten the burden with your friendship.
Families may also choose to bury or cremate immediately following the death, and plan to schedule a memorial afterwards in order to honor a life well-lived and to offer to comfort those who mourn.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.